7/31/07

Two and a half items

Ashley MacQuarrie reports on the Spotlight on Darwyn Cooke panel from SDCC. Cooke talks about many things including his *sniff* departure from The Spirit. Turns out he agrees with me about Frank Miller's involvement in the Spirit movie. Well, Cooke was more polite than I usually am about it. He didn't use the phrase "crime against nature" once.

Oops, I broke away from Blog Positivity Week for a minute. Um...Warren Ellis Rules!!! I met him in Atlanta a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun!.

There, whew.

Here's another dude who loves comic books. That guy from My Chemical Romance used to intern for DC. The article in the link brings up a question I've had for a while. He says he worked in a comic store for books in lieu of actual money. I've heard of this happening a few times before. Is this a common practice? Are there problems with the Dept. of Labor or anything? Are employees who will work for merchandise listed as "oficial" employees? I'm asking because that's exactly the kind of arrangement I would have jumped at when I was a teenager. Just curious. Anyone who can shed some light on this please comment. Thanks.

No comments: