2/18/06

Young Avengers #10 - Marvel (2006)

We are the badass squad!

I've mentioned many, many times before how much I'm enjoying Young Avengers but Heinberg continues to raise the bar. This is a good time to be a comics fan what with all the cool stuff being published and Young Avengers is my favorite thing on the shelves right now.

I won't blow the surprise at the end of the issue but I will say that it is the sort of thing that, in the hands of a lesser writer, could have been monumentally stupid. Heinberg makes it work.

The Young Avengers make a decision that seems a bit out of character for most of them but I have a feeling that it'll work itself out in the next couple of issues.

So, if you see an issue in the store flip through it and see if it's your cup of superpowers. A little knowledge of Marvel Universe history is helpful but not necessary for enjoying this book.

Issues 1 - 6 are available in a trade if you want to start at the very beginning. It is, after all, a very good place to start.

Adieu!

1 comment:

Jim said...

I agree that Young Avengers is a great, great book. I didn't pick it up at first; I think my first issue was #3, but I quickly bought up the back issues and have been collecting it ever since.

I like this evolution of the Avengers into these modern, youthful lives. I like how they're pitted between the Skrull and Kree empires. How they're deeply, deeply entrenched in Marvel history. To me, it's a lot more fun that waiting to see who the Scarlet Witch wipes out in the next issue.