11/6/05

Gødland - Image (2005)

Violence is the new black

I just finished reading the first three issues of Gødland back to back and I am so glad I found them at my FLCS! This'll be a short post because there's no need for me to go into detail on this. With a single sentence I can help you decide if this book is for you:

If the cover image above piques your curiosity at all, buy this book!!

At first this looks like another tongue-in-cheek homage to the crazy, acid-trip days of the sixties and seventies when Kirby was king and there was an "anything goes" attitude to the stories and plots. It is, in fact, an homage to that era but it is also so much more. It is telling a compelling story with great Kirby-raised-from-the-dead art, a great sense of humor and most importantly, intelligence.

Plus, it's got a dude whose head is floating in a jar that he wears.

Floating. In. A. Jar.

Damn, just buy these if you haven't already.

No comments: