9/5/07

Dragon*Con Report

Here are a few images (taken by others) from my trip to Dragon*Con. Click to embiggen.

This is part of the comic artists alley:



That black stand-up area near the middle is the Gaijin Studios table where Cully Hamner, Brian Stelfreeze, and Karl Story all sat. The artists alley was big. This is less than a third of the space they devoted to comics people. The layout was confusing, though, which led to me passing the same artists several times.

The second time I walked past Arthur Suydam's table he handed me a zombie cover for my next project. I said, "I'm not writing any comics".

His reply, "Well, you never know".

Just kidding.

Here's an awesome Black Manta costume:



I bet that makes a lot of noise in the dryer.

My favorite thing about Dragon*Con is that it's so big that you get some really obscure costumes. Black Manta, for example. There was even someone in a replica of the dress Carol Burnett wore in her Gone With The Wind parody. The one with the curtain rod still in.


Next up, a couple of pictures of some of the guys (and one of the women) in 300 costumes. My wife got together with several of the other female Dragon*Con attendees to write a formal letter of thanks:





That last picture is from the parade. Dragon*Con has a parade every year on the Saturday of the con. Atlanta closes off a bunch of streets and everything. It's a lot of fun and I'll post some more pictures of it in my next post.

No comments: