3/23/07

Awesome Cover Friday: Team-Up Style!

I have almost as many issues of Marvel Team-Up as I do of Fantastic Four. I looked forward to seeing who would imperil Spider-Man and his latest superfriend each month. There are a few stories and covers which stand out.

#99
Machine Man has always been one of my favorite characters. The teamup is good. The cover is awesome! The split effect with the white-on-black in the Baron Brimstone section lets you know something seriously weird is going on.



#129
A lot of the Marvel Team-Up covers were really busy as if they were trying to fit everything about the issue into a single picture. This cover conveys far more with a simple image. Also, this one wins the award for "Best Use of Logo". I really like the way the word "Vision" curves around Spidey's head.



#100
My favorite cover of the entire 150-issue series. This was Karma's first appearance and it really made an impression on me. The cover combines simple, clean design with a sense of frenetic energy. Reed's head looks a little weird but that's my only complaint about this one.

No comments: