5/4/07

Awesome Cover Friday: Cheap As Free!

Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day! Here are five of my favorite recent free comic covers.

Owly: Splashin' Around

Dude, it's Owly! No more needs be said. Topshelf is offering Owly & Korgi this year. If you see it at your local comic shop grab it and never let it go!



Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things

I like Ted Naifeh's writing almost as much as I like his art. This book reads as cool as it looks. There are plenty of Courtney stories out there in digest form. Seek them out.



X-Men Runaways

You know that thing they say about books and covers and judging. Yeah, well, this is the freakin' poster child for that saying! The cover is a nice reference to Hulk #340 and the art is good but the actual comic is one of the worst things I've ever read. Not worth the price, if you know what I'm sayin'.



Love Fights

This is the kind of cover which really grabs my attention from across a store. Simple sells.



The Adventures of Paul

Here's another indie offering that really stood out. I love the style on this one.



Go get free comics tomorrow. Doom commands it!

No comments: