6/18/07

Back From The Con

And boy are my arms tired. Along with the rest of me.

Hypericon was a blast! Since I'm the gaming director I mostly did gaming stuff but I did get to be on a comics panel. The name of the panel was "Comics Greatest Moments (To Me)" and we discussed the things that got us into comics as well as the things that have kept us reading them. Comic geeks can't discuss comics without bitching about them, too so there was plenty of that, as well. It was a lot of fun.

A few of the things I mentioned were Watchmen, the aftermath of Crisis on Infinite Earths, Pretty much everything First Comics put out, Byrne's Fantastic Four, Marvel's Essentials line, and the Byrne/Claremont X-Men.

My fellow panelists threw out things such as Astro City, The Dark Knight Returns, the Dark Phoenix saga, and everything by Roy Thomas.

I'm leaving a bunch of stuff out but it was a really fun conversation.

How about you? What are your favorites?

2 comments:

Jason said...

Secret Wars #4, that's what got me into comics. That cover with the phrase "Beneath 150 billion tons stands the Hulk....and he's not happy!"

I has to have that comic. And thus, an addiction was born.

Vaklam said...

Secret Wars was a big one for me, too. I should have mentioned Thor's Unfettered Might attack during the panel. D'oh!

Well, there's always next year.