6/1/07

Blazing Fists of Awesome Cover Friday

Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu was created to cash in on the martial-arts movie craze of the '70s. And it worked! Most of the Master of Kung Fu covers featured the title character beating the crap out of a bunch of other people. Big surprise. However, the ones I love best are the covers where they said, "What's the wackiest situation we can put Shang-Chi into?" For example:

#19

Shang-Chi vs. Man Thing. The art's not very good on this one but the concept is so high I can't even see it from here. This is the kind of "who would win?" scenario I love to see.



#60

Ah, yes. Doom. Everybody in the Marvel Universe has to go up against Dr. Doom at some point. Luke Cage took the fight to Latveria when Doom stiffed him on a lousy 200 bucks! Now, Shang-Chi gets his turn.



#57

This is my favorite Master of Kung Fu cover of all time. Shang-Chi vs. The Red Baron! No more needs be said.




-=Pulse-Pounding Bonus Covers!=-


Here's a reproduction of issue #23 in Dutch! It's got the word "d00ds" on it. Shang-Chi was 1337! It also bears the phrase "Het levende wapen" which means "The live Weapon"! I am totally getting that tattooed on my forehead.



And here's the English version:

2 comments:

DYKC?™ said...

This is off-the-hook. I'm going to have to show some love on bahlactus.com regarding this post. Look for it on Tuesday :)

Vaklam said...

Glad you appreciate the Shang. He's one of my favorite badasses.